Nursing Chose Me: Called to an Art of Compassion can be used to guide discussions on the transition from student to graduate nurse.
The reader will be able to:
- Identify internal struggles faced by students and new grads when transitioning to RN leadership roles.
- Recognize the value and role of other members of the health care team.
- Describe examples of faulty negative cognitive thoughts common in the early socialization process that can undermine a nurses’ self-confidence in their role as RN.
- Identify real-life issues that can hamper making patient-needs a priority.
- Discuss the challenges of negotiating various physician-RN communication and relation models.
- Develop strategies to provide compassionate, patient-centered care within stressful environments.
Book length: 194 pages
Available digital formats: Kindle, Apple iBook, Barnes & Noble
Paper back: Amazon